Lets be clear, no one supports or condones the use of drugs while on the job or when operating a vehicle, but many of us oppose forced drug testing, especially for substances as benign as marijuana. In a free society, no one should have any business telling you what you can and cannot put into your own body! Sadly, in these times, personal liberties are being eroded thanks to the increasing power of the neoliberal corporate state over our the individual. Urine testing is a way for corporate and government forces to exert more control over their subjects. In my view it is an unacceptable invasion of privacy for a company to have access to your biological material, just to see if you were smoking in your own home! And yes, many companies test their employees for tobacco use.
There are four main methods for beating drug tests: abstinence, flushing, substitution, and contamination. If you are interested in learning how to beat drug test, I’m guessing that abstinence isn’t something that worked for you.
- Abstinence. Abstaining from drug use also includes avoiding so-called over the counter drugs, as many of them can trigger false positives. Below is a list of substance specific times for the following to safely leave your system:
- Amphetamines: 2-4 days
- Alcohol: 12-24 hours
- Barbiturates: 2-4 days
- Heroin, Opium: 2-4 days
- Tranquilizers: Up to 30 days
- PCP: Up to 1 month
- Cocaine: 12-72 hours
- LSD: 20-40 days
- Marijuana (heavy use: 4-8 weeks
These are some over-the-counter or prescription drugs that can give false positives:
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Nuprin, Mortin) for Marijuana
- Cold and asthma medicines (Diatec, Dexatrim, Co-Tylenol, Triaminic, Primatine, Brunkotabs, Nyquil)for Amphetamines
- Vicks 44, Demerol, Mydol, Primatene-M, and antidepressants like Elavil and Tofani for Opium and Heroin
- Primatine for Barbiturates
- Benadryl for Methadone
- Other medicines to avoid include Alka-seitzer plus, Allerest, Bronkaid, Contac, Donnagel, Sinutab, and Sudafed
- Flushing. With this method, you are basically washing yourself out over time to reduce the concentrations of any metabolites of banned substances. Drinking lots of diuretic fluids such as coffees, teas etc will help, as will the necessary intake of lots of water. You can boost your fluid output by taking natural diuretics such as stinging nettle and pygeum. Cranberry extract also has this effect and is most commonly used to help heal urinary tract infections by flushing the infection/bacteria out of the bladder. I would advise to stay away from prescription diuretics, as they have many serious side effects and can also trigger false positives. The main diuretic used to beat drug tests is Lasix (furosemide), somewhere around 50-100mg, used several times before your test.
Ideally, you want to be drinking two gallons of water in the time leading up to your drug test. Do not over do it as you can get water intoxication. People have actually overdosed and even died from “water intoxication”. The night before the test drink lots of liquid - as much as you can stand. Be sure to empty your bladder the next morning, since urine that accumulates overnight tends to be contaminated with higher concentrations of waste metabolites. This is why if at all possible, avoid giving a sample from the first urination of the day. Also, if possible, avoid giving the first bit of your urine stream as a sample, use the middle or end portion.
To throw off the testers who will see an unusually clear urine sample, take 100mgs of vitamin B-2 or B-12, which will help give your urine a more yellow color. Note: drinking copious amounts of water will produce a very dilute sample. The way to offset this is to boost creatinine levels, which can easily be done by using an over the counter creatine supplement from the health food store.
Another fine product to help flush drug metabolites out of your system is M.D. Labs Naturally Klean 1 Hour Quick Flush Capsules. The Naturally Klean 1 Hour Capsules achieve effective cleansing in only one hour! They are formulated to completely cleanse your system of detectable toxins within one hour, keeping your body toxin free for up to 5 hours.
- Substitution. The most difficult way of beating a drug test is to switch your sample with a clean one. This can get quite difficult depending on how closely you are watched when you are tested. It is best for you to try to beforehand learn as much as possible of testing behaviors, looking for patterns. Hopefully, this will help you game the system.
One company, “Urine Luck” even has synthetic samples to use in substitutions strategies. The Quick Fix synthetic urine is premixed laboratory urine designed to protect your privacy during a urine test. The Quick Fix is unisex so a male or female can use it to pass nicotine tests. To ensure passing a urinalysis, the Quick Fix contains all the ingredients normally found in urine and is balanced for pH, specific gravity, creatinine, and several other urine characteristics. The Quick Fix bottle comes with an attached temperature strip and heating pad to ensure the sample is at body temperature. The switched urine sample cannot be more than 48 hours old (after that it deteriorates which be noticed in a lab test) and it should be kept warm so it seems fresh.
- Contamination. Finally, the last thing is to try to contaminate your own sample, in an attempt to buy time, during which, you continue to abstain and flush! One compound to use is zinc sulfate. Zinc is proven to attach to drug metabolites and divert, or “chelate” them towards the urine for excretion. People who are being tested for “workplace smoking” have noted that within 48-72 hours of last smoking to have passed urine tests! You should stack up on zinc sulfate before the test. According to reports, dosages of 250mgs of zinc sulfate 2-3 times before the test, twice the day before and then once several hours before the test does the trick. Zinc sulfate is available in tablets from pharmacies. Another technique is to drink saline solution or salt water, as this will disturb the pH balance necessary for the test to get an accurate reading.